How do you spend your pastime? Have you taken into account how your life is spent? Most of us are only certain about two (2) things, that is death and taxes, everything else (we think) is wrapped around survival. Or is it? Let’s have a look;
As of 2014 the life expectancy in America is 78.6 years. If you divide that up, this is how the average person spends their lifetime.
1. The average person sleeps (8) hours a night, Add that over 78.6 years and you’ll find that you spend 25 years sleeping.
2. Being that the average American works 40 hours a week from ages 20-65, you’ll find that you work for 10.3 years.
3. Fascinatingly enough a recent survey found that during the average sex session, foreplay last 7 minutes and intercourse 12 minutes, so if you’ll add that up over 78.6 years you will find that you spend 48 days having sex.
4. For the women who spend their lives being on one form of diet or another, you spend 17 years of your lives trying to lose weight.
5. Watching Television accounts for half of all pastime/leisure time, at about 2.8 hours per day, which amounts to you watching Television for about 9.1 years of your life.
6. You spent 2 of those years watching commercials.
7. On average in a lifetime you’ll spend 1.1 years cleaning. Historically speaking (though), women have spent twice as much time cleaning as men, although the statistic is shifting.
8. On average you’ll spend about 2.5 years cooking.
9. An average person spends about 67 minutes a day eating, which amounts to you spending 3.66 years of your life eating. The total amount of food you consume in a lifetime is close to 35 tons.
10. Throughout a lifetime you drive a car for about 4.3 years and within that time, you’ll cover enough distance to go to the moon and back 3 times.
11. But oddly enough on an average you’ll spend 3 months of your life in traffic, which culminates to about 38 hours a year. (This also depends on which part of the country you live in, for example if you live in a city with extreme traffic) per se then you will spend up to the max of 67 hours per year in traffic and probably then some.
12. The average person goes to the bathroom 6 times a day. You spend 1.5 years in the bathroom.
13. Within this you spend a total of 92 days on the toilet. (Men spend 4 more minutes on the toilet than women daily).
14. We spend 70% of our waking life in front of digital media. Americans spend 11 hours a day with Electronic Media such as Live TV, Radio, Smartphones Internet on a PC, Time shifted TV, Game Consoles, DVD’/ Blue Ray’s, I Pads, IPods and other Multimedia Devices as well.
15. Here’s something funny, you laugh out loud 290,000 times in your life, which is about 10 times per day. Lol
16. You walk a total of 110,000 miles, which is equivalent to 4 times around the world.
17. You spend 90% of your time indoors. That’s 71 of your 78.6 years here on earth
18. You dream between 4 and 6 dreams a night for a total of 2,000 dreams a year and, we forget 80% of them.
19. The average person flagellate 402,000 times in their lifetime, that’s about 14 times per day.
20. The average couple spend 14 days of their lives kissing, although most people wish it were more.
21. For coffee drinkers, you drink 12,000 cups of coffee. That’s about 1.6 cups on average per day.
22. But if you’re more into tea, you drink on average 48 pounds in your lifetime, which is about .75 pounds a year
23. The average woman spends nearly 1 year deciding what to wear throughout their 78.6 years of living here on earth.
24. On the other hand the average man will spend 1 year staring at women.
25. Another statistic for the average woman is that, they spend 8 years of their life shopping. Broken down it amounts to about 1 hour every single day.
26. Also women spend 1.5 years of their life doing their hair, that’s about 14,000 hours of brushing, washing, blow-drying, straightening, curling and cutting their hair.
27. An office worker spends 5 years sitting at a desk.
28. At the same time the average employee spends 2 years sitting in work related meetings
29. And as a side note the average person swears about 2,000,000 times. That’s 80-90 times a day.
So with all that said and done;
How much time is spent throughout your life working on yourself? 0. How much time throughout your life do you spend doing that which is best for all? 0. How much time do you spend throughout your life treating others as you would like to be treated? 0.
How many times have you within your pastime, constructively worked on changing yourself? 0.
How many times throughout your life have you been Self-Honest with yourself? Not Once.
How many times throughout your life have you taken Self-Responsibility for what you’ve created/manifested, accepted and allowed within your life to transpire? 0. And this world and reality? Another = 0.
So why do we complain that this world is messed up and not lift one finger to do anything about it, let alone changing ourselves?
So when you think you don’t have anything to do in your pastime; (Read this over again), and then take time out for yourself to learn self by starting HERE.